Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Once Upon A Dream



Currently, I am shifting through millions upon millions of photos for reception ideas. I think I've actually found the colors I'm going to use: Blush, Pewter, and Ivory.
I love this color combination, but I'm trying to stay away from it feeling stark, so the reception will most likely be held at dusk, just after midday, so that they glowy feel will reverbate throughout the room. Most likely the theme will be Offbeat Vintage..
It came to me today about how i want to go about the whole affair. The central idea will be Classic Hollywood, so what we'll do is name the table after one of our favorite old-time films, and decorate it accordingly. We have the King's Plaza in Johnson City for our Venue.. so this should turn out just right. We're hoping for June 30th, Lord Willing.
The room has an incredible look, but it mostly feels empty.. So we will be ordering our monogram on 12x4 mirrors to frame parts of the south and west walls.
Once all this is done, I'm hoping that we can pay attention more to the menu's than anything else. We haven't booked a caterer as of yet, and I'm getting a little frazzled. But that's all right. It'll add up eventually if i have to cook myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment